Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Silver Bella Bound...I'm a Junior this year!

Well I did it! I signed up for my third year at Silver Bella. I am so excited that I can barely contain myself and I have 7 long months to wait. But not to worry...there are the swaps to do, the trinket box and tool box to pack, teacher gifts to make, and a nice gift to our wonderful hostess Miss Teresa McFayden. She has hosted this event 5 times and I know that the last 3 that I have attended have been the best ever. Here is my class schedule. I am taking Chatelaine Necklace Friday at 8:00a.m. which will be taught by Charlotte Lyons. I have never taken a class taught by her yet....so I am so thrilled to be able to do this. I have lurked on her blog for years. I love stitching....so this will be just the acoutrament I need for my stitching endeavors.

Now I just loved this class even before I knew it was being taught by Beth Quinn. She is an inspiration for me. Talent beyond belief. I am so happy that she has stepped up to the plate to teach. I am taking this class Friday at 11:00a.m. I got to meet her last year at Silver Bella and she is just awesome.


Now I am really not a cutesy type frame person....but taking a class from Betz White is thrilling beyond belief. I am thrilled with the concept of felting. In my mind I do this all the time....I have all the stuff I need....I just haven't ever really done it before. That is the story of my life. I have perused all of Betz's books and her talent is just well exquisite. I will be taking this class on Saturday at 8:30a.m.




Oh, Tannenbaum, Oh, Tannenbaum, how lovely are your branches. I can't wait to have this for my own. Displayed lovingly in my home or art room. Created by lil' old me....that is the beauty of Silver Bella. You get to make all these lovely things with these awesome teachers. So...even if you are apprehensive about taking a class that you deem hard... you will learn....and you are with the most talented people in this world helping you and sharing all their wonderful trinkets with you. I am honored to take this class taught by Kerry Lynn Yeary. I will take this class on Saturday at 11:30a.m. and I just can't wait....don't know if I will use the vintage wooden block or the vintage jello mold for my base....either will be awesome.



And last but not least....Prize * Alicious taught by the fabulous SALLY JEAN! Her soldering classes are the best. Well....she just has great ideas. She is an inspiration to me in all my art endeavors. Two years ago she taught me to 'collage' the Sally Jean way. This was really stretching my creativity to the brink. I listened....I learned....and now I can do it! She is cute, quirky....and a great teacher! I am honored to be in another class with Sally and it will be my last Silver Bella class of the year on Saturday at 2:30p.m. I hope I find many of you in my classes this year. For those of you not registered for Silver Bella 2010 I hope you will look into it for next year. Teresa McFayden puts on the best art retreat around....I am so fortunate to be a part of it. Thanks so much for hosting Silver Bella! We love you Teresa!!




6 comments:

Tina said...

Those classes spunds soooo great Hope - I´m sure you´ll have wonderful time

Sue said...

Yippee! This year at Silver Bella is going to be a blast. Save a seat for me in the teacup class, and I promise to share some of my vintage lace goodies :)

Sue E.

Betz White said...

I'm thrilled your thrilled! :) What a wonderful testimony you've written about Silver Bella, now I am looking forward to it even more!

(P.S. You can make your frame as non-cutesy as you want, lol!)

Cherie Wilson said...

Hope, your Silver Bella post is such a treat! You are truely a Bella girl! What a wonderful event we have found, eh? So blessed. XO

Ginger said...

Hope,
What fun, it would be so awesome to go to Silver Bella. That teacup is sooooo cute. Got your message about the mussie tussie swap, can't wait to get it. I know it will be special.

Hugs
Ginger

pinkroses said...

Looking forward to seeing you again this year! I am in the Sally Jean Prizealicious class with you (I'm taking the teacup too, but at a different time).
xo suzanne