Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tussie Mussie Swap

I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in Linda's swap from a swap for all season's. It was so fun making a Tussie Mussie. I was paired up with Ginger from Glitter & Roses and we had the best time. I made mine using vintage wallpaper, old lace, vintage millinery, velvet & seam binding. I soldered a piece of piece of the vintage wallpaper and added a chandelier crystal for the dangle at the bottom.



Here it is in it's full size. It was actually quite long. I filled it with homemade vanilla bath salts. The handle was wrapped in two colors of seam binding and then I added a piece of velvet and a vintage rhinestone pin in the shape of a bow.


The best part for me was adding to the box all the goodies. I always love that part. I knew Ginger loved frozen charlottes so of course I had to add those in two sizes from my stash.



Here is one of the large ones. I also sent her 3 little tiny ones. I hope that Ginger loved her box that I sent and will always remember me on May Day when she uses her little Tussie Mussie. Also, a big bunch of thanks to Ginger who had to send me the photos as I forgot to photograph my creation.




And here is the stash that I sent to Ginger. I had so much fun participating in this swap. It was fun to make a new friend in Ginger and to receive all the loveliness that she sent to me. I will post about that in the future!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

So very pretty....I gotta hop over to Ginger's blog and meet her...I could just make mussie tussies all day, couldn't you? It was fun...

Ginger said...

I am just loving my treasures sooo much, I have the tussie hanging by my fireplace and the other jewel on the other side. The peat pot is on my hearth. I posted the things I made you today. Are we suppose to post our swap boxes May 1?

Hugs
Ginger

Cherie Wilson said...

So sweet Hope! Thanks for sharing. You are so creative and I love to see what you put together. Love you!