Friday, July 2, 2010

A Treasure for the Treat Bag


I have always been the mom who LOVED making the treat bags for the birthday parties. I always knew that the kids loved them....but I never knew I would love creating them as much as I did. But I know one thing for sure....I still love to get a treat bag.....even at age 44. So I jumped at the chance to be a part of Art & Communion.....Shea & Debbie's AWESOME event over at What Happen's Next. Shea & Debbie contacted me about a month ago and asked if I would like to be a sponsor and donate a 'special' treat for their 'treat bag'. First of all....I was just immensely honored that they thought of ME.....and second of all.....have you checked out their blog lately???? And all the cool stuff they are up to? Let alone that they live in a church and hold all these cool art retreats there???? So this is just a little snippet of what I made to give. It is a test tube filled with all kinds of neat treats to create with. Buttons.....rhinestones.....trinkets galore.....vintage fun!!!!!! All prettied up with a velvet leaf & an adorable tiny Frozen Charlotte. So I hope all the participants that are SO lucky to attend this special event enjoy my addition to the 'treat bag'.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are adorable...I love those mini Charlottes!!!

I am sure all that receive these generous offerings will be extrememly grateful!!!

Cherie Wilson said...

That is so awesome of you Hope!! Not surprised, but just know that I adore your generous heart! Lucky ladies indeed:) Hope to see you soon! XO

Heather Ales said...

You're amazing! I can't believe that I get to be blessed by your generosity! They're gorgeous! Thank you SO much in advance! How thoughtful!

Kateyed said...

Hope,
That sounds wonderful! I would be just thrilled if I got one of your treat bags...I would also be thrilled to go to their retreat. You deserve the honor of being a sponsor. I sure wish you could come here and help me improve my soldering skills!!!
Hugs,
Suz

Unknown said...

Hi Hope!! It's been too long! Thanks for dropping by! What a neat idea to fill up tubes with tiny vintage items!!

Happy Summer!
Sandy