Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lindsey's Senior Prom.....A City That Never Sleeps

It was a magical day. Glorious in fact. Lindsey & I
had so much fun much making the flower arrangements,
her bouquet & Matt's boutonniere. I thought it would be
stressful and that we were making a HUGE mistake.
It was truly an incredibly wonderful experience. I would do
it again in a heartbeat. I just woke up....picked from
the yard & then headed to Kroger for the rest of the
flowers.....easy peasy!!!!!
Someday I hope to do
her wedding flowers....it was that much fun.
Lindsey says "The third time's the charm.
I feel the same way. This was her
third time to attend the prom with
this wonderful young man.....Mr. Matthew Acton.
They have grown up so much....in fact....
they have basically grown up together before
my very eyes.
I absolutely LOVED doing the floral arrangements for the
tables. Lindsey and three others hosted a dinner
at the Country Club for 46 other prom attendees. It was
a really great group of kids....and a neat way for them
to really do a dinner. Securing the location, choosing the menu,
picking napkins.....all those important details that tend to
overwhelm a person. Of course.....they hired THE best florist
in town....and the price was right.....ME!
Of course anyone that knows me.....knows I am all about
the treats and the favors. Here is a sample of what I did....but
there were 4 different versions. I did this one because it
was the most manly. The others were polka dot and flowers.
I filled them with pink....green.....and white M&M's.
They were really cute!!!!!
.....and I would be remiss if I didn't add a sweet
picture of my beautiful daughter Lindsey & me. It was
such a happy day all the way around. I hope this
finds you well & full of special blessings.

5 comments:

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

You did a beeeeautiful job on the flowers! Your daughter is beautiful too! You must be one proud Mama! :)

Jen Kershner said...

She is beautiful and looks just like you Hope!

Laurie said...

Oh! Sweetness! Love the photos! What fun, what memories! The flowers look awesome!

Suzanne said...

You are both such beautiful ladies!

Suz said...

She is certainly your girl...what a beautiful young lady. Her boyfriend is pretty darn cute, too. What a great idea to host a party...and the florist was fabulous!