Monday, February 1, 2010

Visions from Auschwitz



These are the hideous visions that surrounded me during my tour of Auschwitz. This vision of a massive amount of hair is an image of pure disgust. Not only was it a way for the Nazi's to further dehumanize the Jewish population, it was also a necessary item for making mattresses & pillows and also as an ignitor for ammunition's.




This picture depicts the many pieces of luggage brought to Auschwitz. Vessels for wealth & treasured belongings. Containers wasted by the greed of the Nazi's. Parcels for family's memories too precious to leave behind. The contents ravaged by the Nazi's as if rummaging through a wonderful flea market to give to their loved ones.




Another vision was this collection of shoe brushes. Did the Nazi's really think they might need all these? Or were the fires of Hell...the crematoriums...just too busy burning people? I shutter to think as they were busy 2 shifts a day...24 hours a day.




Peaceful and adorable to look at if we were at Second Chance Antiques in Omaha Nebraska. A vision like this in a Concentration Camp means only one thing...death to babies. These baby shoes total in number 90,000 which means loss of life to 45,000 babies. Babies were used as kindling...yes, I said KINDLING in the crematoriums!! Lord please have mercy. I said a lot of prayers and asked for peace many times at Auschwitz.




And I would be remiss if I didn't include this photo of many empty cans of Zyklon B. The poisonous gas used to kill the prisoners of Auschwitz. Dropped as pellets through the ceilings of the 'shower rooms' by Doctor's to eradicated the entire Jewish race. The poison so potent the doctor administering the poison wore a gas mask. When the pellets hit the floor they would change into gas form and the potent poison would waft up from the shower floor killing the 2000 inhabitants in five minutes of pure Hell. Lord...please help me to process these atrocities...I ask that you please give me peace. I ask humbly for your help in repairing the world. Tikkun Olam.

3 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Gosh Hope.
I'm speechless.
I feel your anger and I'm so sorry.
This was indeed a trip of a lifetime and a place that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. Lucky you that you had a wonderful tour guide who was there and experienced it all.
I wish your photos were larger so I could see the details...it really is fascinating.
Thank you for sharing your trip with me...I for one thoroughly enjoyed it, but I am sorry for your pain.
everything vintage

miss lynn said...

oh hope.
i don't
have any
words to say.
so i am going
to pray...
for mercy
and
grace
and
healing
and hope.
blessings.

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Oh, Hope. Even the photos take my breath away and leave me heavy-hearted. I can't imagine what it must have been like to actually be there.

Praying for peace for you now.