Thursday, February 16, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I earned major GOLD stars with these srumptuous muffins & boy were they a one bowl wonder. I love one bowl recipes! I hate the recipes when it says sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl & cream the liquid ingredients in a medium bowl & the outcome is the above....a banana chocolate chip muffin! That's what I love about Stephanie of Crowns & Pearls....sorry I have forgotten how to link....just right to the point.... ease.... of preparation....and she gets it done!!! These muffins are pretty healthy too....with just 1/2 cup of sugar! I can feel good about serving these to Lincoln. They are a nice dense muffin that keeps you full because I used whole wheat flour....shhhhhh!!!! Don't tell Lincoln he always says "Don't use that whole wheat flour mom!!" Well it isn't even discernable!! Let me let you in on a little secret too....I buy King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour. It is the best! So, let me share this fabulous little gem of a recipe....you will want to try it today!

Stephanie's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

3 really ripe bananas
1/3 Cup butter, melted
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 Cup King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas, add vanilla, & melted butter. Mix in sugar, egg, & vanilla. Sprinkle in baking soda, salt, & add flour. Mix & stir. Add in mini chocolate chips. Pour into lined muffin tins & bake for 20-25 minutes until a wooden pick comes out crumb free. This batter will yield 12 muffins.
*Stephanie & I both agreed that we might additionally add a few peanut butter morsels to the next batch for an added taste sensation.

I hope you will try this great recipe! The texture is really remarkable, & really, if you have any left over, they were actually better the next day. Making a double batch might just be in your best interest! Let me know what you think....I'd love to know what you think.

Here in the mid-west it has been dreary and wet. Rainy...cold and kind of depressing really. I have really just wanted to curl up with a blanket actually. So comfort food has been my drug ummmm....food of choice. Today I am making home made chicken & noodles. I made our family egg noodle recipe. I will post the recipe later....so be waiting for that shortly!!! I hope your day is filled with art....love....blessings....& creativity! All my love!