Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things.....

I have really enjoyed stitching the past couple of months. I had so much fun using this little snippet of a doily as a frame for a long forgotten child. I love to buy old vintage cabinet cards & 'love' those long forgotten faces....that were once loved so dearly. Since stitching has become a favorite craft these days it' s fun to see what others put into their stitch work.

This truly is one of my favorites of all time. I have done this numerous times now. I love how the little pearls look like flowers. I just think the wrapped stems are really fun. It is neat to look at old stitching's and look at the intricate stitching that was done. I can only pray that I become that proficient in my skills.

Adding something that you wouldn't expect has been really fun too. Here are some beads that I found in the craft room that Lindsey has long forgotten. She made them....and there they were sitting....for me to use in my art. I just love vintage book paper....it was a fun find...now if I can just get her to make some more! Are you stretching your imagination today....are those of you in Colorado enjoying your snowy day??? What are you creating today? I hope my stitching is a source of inspiration for you. May your day be filled with comfort & joy. Blessings.

5 comments:

Whosyergurl said...

what a sweet post. It seems there is never enough time for creating! Not as much time as I want, that is!
xo, Cheryl

Kim Hanauer said...

Hope,
You are a master at stitching! You never cease to amaze me!
Hope you are having decent weather. Any snow yet?!
Have a Blessed day sweet friend~
Kim

Marlene said...

WOW you are such a crative gal. I've always admire stitch work. Yours is just too adorable, my fav are the little flowers, to cute.
xxx
Marlene

Suz said...

Just so cool. You amazie me. I love what you did for Amy's magazine. Just thought your contributions were fabulous. I am so proud to be your friend!
Hugs,
Suz

kevin21 said...

Justin Bieber Monster Beat for this machine has provided own orion 1.4GHz binuclear processor, and provides 1GB the Monster Beats Lady Gaga capacity and the 16GB/32GB two kind of memory capacity specification. Because has provided to the 3.5G high speed network support, therefore Tristar GALAXY Note has also used the double camera disposition,Perhaps is because the handset touches controls the screen size big reason, Tristar for this machine on has also designed a hand-written pen, its name is called Spen, the user may use it to do directly on the screen writes down perhaps the painting, but this is also this model of handset name origin actually Ferrari Headphones.

In order to solve the ultra great size to touch controls the screen, but brings the battery continue voyage question, Tristar this time for this machine has also provided 2500 milliampere time ultra large capacity batteries, such capacity for the first time saw in the intelligent handset, it lets the human in the continue voyage aspect's performance anticipate Cheap Beat Gold Headphones by dr dre.