Wednesday, September 9, 2009

'Vintage' Wine Boxes

Look at the neat thing I did with these wine boxes...you know yucky old pine boxes you get at the liquour store. Unstained....ugly....blah....but really utilitarian. Most of you know that I live in a restored 1850's farm house. Storage & closets are at a premium....so I have to really be creative with places that I can store things. Here's what I did....I got a can a Briwax...the natural wax that cleans, stains & polishes. I love this stuff & the great thing about it...it comes in your very favorite colors. For these boxes I used Antique Mahogany for its rich dark color. With a little elbow grease I transformed these boxes to be, in my opinion, really beautiful. Nice enough to even use as a decorative piece. I keep these boxes stacked and ready to go with all my display pieces that I use at craft fairs or where ever my creations take me. What have you transformed with a little elbow grease lately?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is just a great creation. Great that you are utilizing the wine boxes so well.I like to drink Rossinyol de Moragas Brut NV.The bubble is small and persistent due to very slow second fermentation in the bottle at low temperatures in the cellar. In the nose, it is very fruity with aromas of apple and pear from the varieties Macabeo and Parellada. Very delicate aromas from the yeasts, which have been created from the long stay in the cellar before the degorging. It is a very well-balanced cava, easy to drink, as it should be for a medium-alcohol cava, with good structure, very elegant and ingressive due to a very gentle pressing of the grapes. I have a lot of boxes of this wine.I like to buy Cigars Online.

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Well Hope, this is just beautiful! I can see these boxes tucked in to some empty corners of my home, filled will flowers, or magazines or material or...well you know, anything!
So, thanks for the tip...I'm off to the store to look for these and anxious to drink some wine while I stain them up a bit! You are SO clever!!!!!!
everything vintage

Unknown said...

I have a few of those! What a great idea to use them for displays and storage! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog!

Sandy xox

Unknown said...

Vintage wines are very popular among wine lovers and these vintage wine boxes are good for keeping wines protected.
Vintage wines