Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

With the rush of getting ready for family to arrive I couldn't help but remember all of the wonderful things that I can be thankful for. Some of the moments of preparation....well let me just say weren't the best...but for the most part the days were joyous. Life has taken me to great places, wonderful family, terrific friends in an artful community, and most of all I am truly thankful that I can live in a country where I can display my faith proudly and lovingly. I am thankful that I have a Christ centered life and my personal Savior is there for me all the time....he was even there to help me hoist the 22 pound turkey into the vat of brine, to peel the 10 pounds of potatoes, and to hand roll the egg noodles, to make the roux for the petite peas, to make the stock for the noodles and most of all the help me with the best apple pie & pecan pie you have ever tasted. Christ has given me these talents and I am thankful! What Christ given talents are you using in your Thanksgiving preparations today???

2 comments:

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Happy Thanksgiving Hope!!! How was Silver Bella?? Did you end up vending? How did that go?
I would love to attend next year!
xoxo,
Kristin

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day...Good times here as well..