Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Fresh Beginning for 2010


It feels like an eternity since I last blogged. My life has been a whirlwind of hockey & creating. We got back early Monday morning from Canada, Pelhham Ontario to be specific. Right over the border in Niagra Falls. It was beautiful this time of year. We traveled up through Michigan because I wanted to drive most of the way in Canada. Along the way we antiqued & second hand shopped. Let me tell you...Canadian Goodwill Stores are not the same as ours....way better! Even though I didn't find my hearts content we did find some awesome pieces of antique sport equipment that we have been saving for Lincoln's room makeover. Next week Lincoln & I will also be traveling again. We are headed to Poland for the 65th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz. I am a class chaperone on the trip and the students will be filming and photographing the event. They have press passes and everything and will even get to interview world leaders. The president of Poland is even expected to be there! As for my preperation for the trip, I have been reading every account of the Holacaust I can get my hands on. My friend Stephanie Oyler (Crowns & Pearls) says I seem like an expert. Truly, I feel with such an opportunity, I want to spread to the world as many attrocities as I can about what these poor people suffered at the hands of mad men and mad women. Truly unbelievable. As for my photo above. Most people really know me as 'The Silver Solder Queen' however, in reality I really have many talents (LOL)!!!!! One of my passions is cutting. I love to cut silhouettes. I created these silhouttes for one of my dearest friends Lisa for her shop Lola Rue & Co. Stephanie (Crowns & Pearls), Lisa's personal blogger,captured the beauty of Lisa's awesome display of my hand cut silhouettes. So if ever you travel to our humble & most comfortable little city of Bloomington IN we all hope that you stop in to shop and visit at Lola Rue & Co. Many blessings for a happy and beautiful 2010.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm flattered you used a photo that I actually took! Jodie's lessons have paid off....

I certainly love your Valentine line of silhouettes!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my goodness, your silhouettes are gorgeous, gorgeous!

Maija said...

Your silhouettes are spectacular, and so beautifully photographed!