Thursday, February 16, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins


I earned major GOLD stars with these srumptuous muffins & boy were they a one bowl wonder. I love one bowl recipes! I hate the recipes when it says sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl & cream the liquid ingredients in a medium bowl & the outcome is the above....a banana chocolate chip muffin! That's what I love about Stephanie of Crowns & Pearls....sorry I have forgotten how to link....just right to the point.... ease.... of preparation....and she gets it done!!! These muffins are pretty healthy too....with just 1/2 cup of sugar! I can feel good about serving these to Lincoln. They are a nice dense muffin that keeps you full because I used whole wheat flour....shhhhhh!!!! Don't tell Lincoln he always says "Don't use that whole wheat flour mom!!" Well it isn't even discernable!! Let me let you in on a little secret too....I buy King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour. It is the best! So, let me share this fabulous little gem of a recipe....you will want to try it today!

Stephanie's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

3 really ripe bananas
1/3 Cup butter, melted
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 Cup King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 bag mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas, add vanilla, & melted butter. Mix in sugar, egg, & vanilla. Sprinkle in baking soda, salt, & add flour. Mix & stir. Add in mini chocolate chips. Pour into lined muffin tins & bake for 20-25 minutes until a wooden pick comes out crumb free. This batter will yield 12 muffins.
*Stephanie & I both agreed that we might additionally add a few peanut butter morsels to the next batch for an added taste sensation.

I hope you will try this great recipe! The texture is really remarkable, & really, if you have any left over, they were actually better the next day. Making a double batch might just be in your best interest! Let me know what you think....I'd love to know what you think.

Here in the mid-west it has been dreary and wet. Rainy...cold and kind of depressing really. I have really just wanted to curl up with a blanket actually. So comfort food has been my drug ummmm....food of choice. Today I am making home made chicken & noodles. I made our family egg noodle recipe. I will post the recipe later....so be waiting for that shortly!!! I hope your day is filled with art....love....blessings....& creativity! All my love!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys liked them. I make a batch everytime I have a few overripe bananas and the kids never tire of them.

And, how fun to see pretty wrapped packages in my mailbox this afternoon. Your timing was perfect cause it's not been the easiest of days...you know how that goes sometimes. So, a big thank you for thinking of me...S