Saturday, February 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Ronnie!



On February 6, 1911 the world welcomed President Ronald Reagan. A day 99 years ago to be remembered. Ronald Reagan a man with deep integrity, honesty, loyalty, a loving husband, and father. Devoted to his wife Nancy he wrote love letters and romanced her. How fitting for the month of February. He gave the government back to the people. He taught how it is better to rely on oneself than to expect a hand out. One of his greatest accomplishments during his presidency was the removal of the Berlin wall. On June 12, 1987 President Reagan challenged Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall as a symbol of his desire for increading freedom in the eastern block. So today I honor a great man on what would have been his 99th birthday. Happy Birthday Ronald Reagan.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They did have a beautiful marriage...It was obvious to see that they had great love for each other...

{oc cottage} said...

Loved that man! My kitty is named "Dutch" after him. ;}

m ^..^

Melissa/Piney Rose said...

I loved that man! My grandmother had an 8x10 picture of him on her wall...I agree totally - he inspired us to reach for the American dream, to aspire, and not to rely on the government for handouts. What a prez.

Gail said...

just found your lovely blog and saw this post. it brought back a memory of many years ago when i was attending beauty school in southern california. i was standing at the desk in a bungalow with hair dryers and shampoo bowls, when in walked gov. ronald reagan in a blue suit with a full entourage of blue suits behind him. he made a beeline right to me, looked in my eyes, smiled,and said "hello, i'm ronald reagan and i am running for president". he handed me a light pink comb with his name engraved in gold at the top and asked, "will you vote for me? he was so charming. i said "yes".. who could say no? he smiled, thanked me with a pat on the hand, and walked on. he made you feel like you were the only person in the room. i think i was actually:) i have lost many things over time, but i still have that pink comb on my vanity table, along with the fond memory:)i will post a pic on my blog..ty for the memory.

Uniquely Ella said...

A great man and my fav president. You know what they say behing every great man ..... Love him.
xxx
Marlene