Saturday, February 6, 2010

Petite Valentine Inspiration Box Swap 2010



I had so much fun participating in Heather's over at Speckled Egg Petite Inspiration Box Swap this year. I just love getting creative with something as inexpensive as an empty match box. Decorating & filling become my focus, and this year we were given a theme for Valentine's Day. It was so fun to choose my color palette, and just go to town. I used some red flocked wallpaper, some vintage book paper, and a Frozen Charlotte doll with vintage foil wings. I just love using the Frozen Charlotte's in my creations....and I couldn't resist adding a few into the contents of my crafting supplies for the girls. I want to thank Susan over at My Mother's Pearls for sharing her photographs with me. She captured the images much better than I could ever have done. We met at Silver Bella and became instant friends.




Heather was so gracious when she emailed me and invited me to participate in her swap again this year. I had such a wonderful time last year that I couldn't even resist. She even wanted to use my box from last year as her tag announcing that she was hosting the swap again this year. That really made me happy and honored. Her box is exquisite don't you think? I love the airiness of her flower with the pearl stamen. And inside it was just loaded with awesome crafting supplies. Of course it would be since she is the lovely lady of Speckled Egg. I love to peruse her shop and I get so many interesting and wonderful craft supplies. I heard tell that she is hosting another Petite Inspiration Box Swap later this month. You will want to visit her blog to find announcement times.




Tina sent this awesome box all the way from Denmark. I was delited to swap internationally. Her box was different than ours and that was very charming to me. They obviously have different kitchen matches than we do here in the states. We even had the same vintage bird mini playing cards. I am sure that they came from Europe as I received mine from and elderly gentleman that had fled Germany prior to World War II. Her box is delicate and whimsical and I just adore it.




Susan's box is just stunning. Her attention to detail & love of vintage textiles & lace is exquisite. I love the layered effect of her heart. It adds such dimension that you are unable to visualize from the photograph. I can't begin to tell you what a fun swap this has been. I would encourage all of you to join the next one...and I would love to be one of your swap partners. I hope you have enjoyed peaking at some of the inspiration that came to me.

5 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

What beautiful boxes Hope! Love those frozen Charlottes, of course! I wish I could see that box in person!

A Fanciful Life said...

Those are some of the loveliest boxes I've seen. What a wonderful swap to be in - enjoy your boxes!
Sharon :-)

Jeanne Oliver said...

What a fun swap to be a part of!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing your boxes! I think I enjoyed decorating these matchboxes more than anything else I've worked with for a swap....

Cherie Wilson said...

Such great pictures Hope! Thanks for sharing the fun. Have fun in your art room these next snowy days! Thinking of you as I do the same:) I loved my little gift from Poland......it is in my art room now. Inspired, indeed!
XO