Monday, September 20, 2010

Scripture Tags

I love to make scripture tags. I am slacking this year in my bible study. Traditionally what I have done is make a tag each week from a verse that has particularily touched me, or inspired me, or made me think about what I need to do as a wife & mother. Then I place it on a ring and can refer back to them. It really is like a sort of diary if you will, because it is amazing what you find in the Word that really pertains to your life at the time. I guess that is why they call it The Living Word. When I am really being especially good....I make a tag for each of the members of the group. The girls seem to like them & sometimes.....it even inspires others to make them as well. I know I love to get a handmade scripture tag!

This is the bible study I am currently involved in. I LOVE this study more than any I have ever done. Why? It so pertains to what I find the most important area of my life....serving God and respecting my husband. Ladies...I found out something really interesting last week in bible study. It really was life changing. I always thought that LOVING my husband was the most important thing but it isn't really. The bible says that we are to RESPECT our husbands. Husbands are to LOVE their wives. So, as I have gone on my merry way this week I have been trying to really consciously try to RESPECT Jeff, and you know what? I have really felt LOVED back. Like....there is more of a twinkle in his eye when he looks at me. So on the cover of the book it says.......'Igniting the Joy & Passion You Both Deserve'. So now you get where I am coming from & can relate to why this is the best bible study I have ever done. (LOL) So the next time you are thinking your problems are 95% your husbands fault & 5% your fault remember that INSIGNIFICANCE MATTERS! Start immediately working on that 5% because you have nothing to loose and oh does that LOVE feel great!!! Blessings!

3 comments:

April said...

Amen! I have had a similar experience with Rett...loving this study. Glad you're doing it too:)

Whosyergurl said...

Love the scripture tags!

Amazing what happens when we give love...it comes right back!

my dress form post is up.
hugs, Cheryl

Unknown said...

You know I love scripture cards! Fun to read your post about them....