Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month.....

Little did I know that October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Last Friday I went in for my yearly mammogram. I don't dread getting a mammogram.....I dread scheduling it & then showing up for the actual event. I don't know why???? Sira Imaging where I go shows dignity....provides comfort....& they are so on schedule that it is very convenient. In & out. They had a table set up in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. They provided me with a ticket to drop in the gold fish bowl & possibly I might be a prize winner of some really cool 'PINK' stuff. I couldn't resist asking if they might like a few more donations......here's what I came up with & took in for additional prizes. I think they are sweet & cute. Two weeks ago, my close friend Shelley lost her mom to breast cancer. Her son is Lincoln's best friend from elementary school. He took it really hard. He is the star quarterback on the freshman football team....I have always loved to watch him play! He placed a pink breast cancer sticker on his helmet when his Grandmother was in her last days.....the referee broke the rules and let him keep it on his helmet. We all thought that was really neat. I gave Shelley a pendant & she broke down & cried. She was really touched....and didn't even know it was Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Please dear readers....if you haven't had your yearly mammogram....schedule it today! Don't delay.....early detection is essential. Sometimes I have the tendency to blow things off. This is something we should never blow off. I recently told my father this....about my blowing off tendency. He is a retired physician. He begged me to not ever blow this off. My dad doesn't react like that about all things. Note to self....'If dad is serious about this....I MUST be serious about this.' Don't delay....pick up the phone...and schedule your appointment today!!!

3 comments:

Jen Kershner said...

Thanks for the reminder Hope. I got my reminder letter earlier this week. I will call and schedule it today! Your necklaces are a perfect way to honor the cause.

LuLu Kellogg said...

I had mine!!

These are lovely Hope!

Miss you!
LuLu~*xoxo

Laurie said...

Thank you for the reminder, Hope. So important. I've had mine -- and just finally went of the Tamoxifen after 5 years!! It's been a journey. Hugs!